If you bring a vehicle that is registered in a non-EEC country to Denmark, you must take out a border insurance policy. In Denmark, it is DFIM who issues border insurance policies.
- by phone: +45 41 91 91 91 Monday – Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- You can choose to send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or you can visit us at our office at Philip Heymans Allé 1, 2900 Hellerup.
In order for us to issue the border insurance for your vehicle, please inform us of the following details:
- Period of validity
- Make, model and year of the vehicle
- Category of vehicle (passenger car, truck, moped, motorcycle etc.)
- Registration number
- Nationality of the vehicle
- Name of policy holder
- Danish address to which the police shall be sent
- Telephone number or e-mail address that we may reach you on
Border insurance policies are taken out for no less than one month. If you wish to renew your policy, please do so before the policy expires – otherwise you must take out a new policy, at an extra cost.
|Min one month
||Each follwing month
||Validity one year
|F. Trailer||50 % of the Premiums listed under A and C|
A vehicle with an unladen weight of max. 3,500 kg. is tariffed as a car.
A vehicle carrying max. 9 persons incl. driver is tariffed as a car.
DFIM does not issue comprehensive/casco insurance, but only motor third party liability insurance. The geographic cover is the entire EU/EEC area.
Please note that it is not possibe to pay with cash/cheque or credit cards - All payments must be by bank transfer
Our Bank details are as follows: account no. 3100 4001 060 171 at Danske Bank, 2-12 Holmens Kanal, DK - 1092 Copenhagen K, Denmark,. SWIFT-BIC DABADKKK - IBAN DK64 3000 4001 0601 71